Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

We have probably all heard of this phrase before. As some smart ass has pointed out in the past, 1001 words is worth more than a picture. Don't even get me started about that.

Now, for the real reason for this post. There is a vast selections of words out there with personal significance, each with a touching story/picture to go with. I'm currently studying vocab for the GRE's, but words such as intransigent and investiture just aren't sticking in my head. I felt that without a picture to associate with these words, my ability to remember them greatly decreases. This brings me to my point: I know all of you have wondered, I know what a goby is, but what really is the true meaning of gobies? Can you show us a picture? Is it just goby, but the plural form? I'm here to tell you that it's more...it's more than just the proper way to formulate correct grammer. So today, I leave you with this:

I was appalled at the fact that Merriam Webster did not have this entry. Thus, I felt it neccessary to pull some strings/connections I have with the Beach Ultimate Lovers Association (BULA) and provide you guys with asolid definition. It boggles my mind as to how Webster (superchump) could forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment