Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Beat Reporter Himself

I know a lot of you are probably wondering...who is this kid? What does he know, and how established is he in the Ultimate community? Is he aware of the Goby style of play, but more importantly, way of life?

My blanket statement / resume is as follows:
1. I am a former Little League baseball umpire (worthless)
2. I throw on a weekly basis with a few formidable and well versed Ultimate playerz
3. Still below average on throws and catches (work in progress)
4. Exclusive member of the BULA (clutch)
Now for those nublets who aren't aware of the BULA aka Beach Ultimate Lovers Association, it is the international governing body of Beach Ultimate. Like I was saying, I am working around the clock to familiarize myself with the jargon of Ultimate, and intricate strategies that the Gobies employ. So far, I am only able to watch video of the Gobies (kudos to the camera crew for an excellent job). I am studying their horizontal stack offensive strategy, and taking notes as to the positions that each player plays. I have ideas that I'll bring to the next roundtable discussion -- as beat reporter, I hope I get invited. But yes, I was searching the web for a photo of myself, but all I could find was Q-hundred laying out during Poultry Days:

Caption: Q diving for the disc, which ultimately led to bruised ribs. Gotta love the effort. A question and answer session will may follow within a week to address any further concerns.




No comments:

Post a Comment